Monday, December 22, 2008

Snow, Christmas, more snow, power outages and a PAPER!

First it snowed and there was much freaking out because I was trying to get my paper submitted before everyone went on vacation.


Then, we had Christmas at my mom's house. I couldn't get a good shot of the tree, because there was stuff all over the floor (first presents and then then it looked like a hurricane had struck) and it was too dark, and I forgot about taking pictures until after all the presents were unwrapped anyway, but I did get some good shots of my mom's Christmas mice. I LOVE the Christmas mice. They are my favorite Christmas decorations. I also got some shots of some of the mushroom ornaments. We ate dinner and I ate a lot of beets. I'm not going to go into detail about what happened after THAT, but if you've ever eaten a lot of beets, you probably know. If not, you should try it sometime. Brian got a knife sharpener and I got a pouring shield for my mixer. Plus, we both got some good books and a plate (well, I called it a plate, but my mom insisted it was a dish) and a washer (HINT: it's like the year I got a piece of wood-- a board--a key, and a tiny little mouse). Got it?


Yesterday it snowed some more, my paper was submitted (Oh my god! Passive voice!), we shoveled a lot and the power went out again. It came back on overnight, so unfortunately for Margot, we don't have to go stay with Adam and Christi again.

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

Beets are big trouble. I don't eat them, personally, but I did puree some for Soren when he was first starting solid foods, and MY MY MY are they red. And then I put the beety dishes in the dishwasher, where they turned everything else red. Just say no to beets.

Christi said...

Beets were the cause of the one late-night call I made to a nurse while I was pregnant. I guess I'd never eaten that many before and the results are concerning during pregnancy. Boy was I happy to figure out the cause!