Monday, October 19, 2009

Hawaii Diiary: Prologue


"There's a prologue?!" -E

I think that all nine of our regular readers already know that we recently took our honeymoon, 14 months late, in Hawaii. Edith has put me in charge of blogging the experience because I "care more about details" or something like that. I'm not sure if that was a compliment or not. Anyways, I thought I would go with day-by-day coverage (hopefully, posting one day every few days), and try not to bore you with too many details.

If it's too detailed, you can just look at the pretty pictures! I took almost 600 pictures/videos, so it's (still) going to take me a few days to prepare each batch for each entry. All of my photos were taken with my new Canon PowerShot SD960 point-and-shoot. I can't post all of the interesting ones here, for size and aesthetic reasons, so I recently started a Flickr account that will have all the good photos from this trip.

I had a lot of reservations about Flickr as a viewer. I wasn't too fond of the photostream interface, although my recent discovery of collections and sets made me happier. But once I set up an account, I liked the organizer tools, and $25/yr for unlimited storage (think backups) seemed like a fair deal. Also, many of my friends are using it, so I get to feel like I'm doing something like "social networking" without being social, or networking. Later, after these trip reports are all done, I will probably upload a bunch of older stuff from my archives, so don't be surprised if you see a bunch of random old crap in my photostream.

Edith also has a Flickr account. She took some pictures on this trip too, but not as many as I did. I don't know what she plans to do with them, but she says she'll put links to both our galleries on the left sidebar.

This photo was me attempting to be arty and patriotic or something, while waiting around in Logan Terminal B. I don't think I succeeded, but I like to have pictures on my bloggings. It was hard to get the timing right on this shot, when I could only hear (not see) the planes accelerating before they came into view.

3 comments:

elpf said...

I am not at all sure that I said anything about details, but I think we have established that Brian is more chronologically minded than I am (I like to think of myself as not tied to the linear narrative, 'k?). I think what I heard was, "blah, blah, blah, unless you want to take one of the days and write about it, thus making more work for you blah blah." To which I replied, "No, it's OK, you're better at (something that sounded good at the time).

Kirsten said...

tl;dr

Kidding. I'm just always looking for an excuse to say tl;dr.

Brian said...

Not tms;du?