Sunday, October 18, 2009

Hello!

Hi! It's me! I will give you a brief interlude from the hiking reports. Also, I'm going to annoy Brian by messing up his chronological record. I thought I would give you a spawn update (which may be followed by a short rant, but you'll thank me later when you don't say the wrong thing to me and piss me off).

Here is a picture of me (headless) at 22 weeks:



It isn't Brian's fault that it is a bad picture, or that I'm headless. I'd just washed my hair and I kind of looked like a drowned rat, so I cut my own head off.

Now for the rant/advice. I do not appreciate people telling me either (1) that I'm getting, "chubby" or (2) that I don't look 22 weeks pregnant. In other words, don't tell me I'm either big or small it's annoying. Actually, to do a little scolding, I happen to believe that commenting on someone's weight is kind of rude in any case and that includes comments such as, "I don't know how you eat like that and stay so skinny". Many people believe that is a compliment, but there are actually a whole bunch of subtle messages packed into such a statement. Anyway, I'm not going to get into it. Just please respect my wishes and don't talk about my weight, OK? That is all. Thank you.

3 comments:

Sam @ Parenthetical said...

Many people believe that is a compliment, but there are actually a whole bunch of subtle messages packed into such a statement. Anyway, I'm not going to get into it. Just please respect my wishes and don't talk about my weight, OK?

WORD.

Kirsten said...

Am I allowed to say that your belly is perfect and I think it's lovely? Because it is. Also, next time someone says the thing about eating and staying skinny, tell them you stay skinny by kicking people's asses.

elpf said...

:) Now I don't feel like such a babbling idiot about getting upset about this and yes, Kirsten you are allowed to say that. I think so too!