Saturday, September 13, 2008

A wallet for Margot and THE FRANKENBAG

Do not mock the frankenbag. He will fight back. I know, I have felt his wrath. In future, I will know, WORK FROM A PATTERN, DUMBASS. Or at least a design. You see, I did not work from either on this bag and it drove me bonkers. I had an idea. That idea was kind of blown when I cut the fabric wrong. Oops. No worries, there is always another idea. I'll make a reversible bag. Then Brian pointed out that HE'D like it better if the strips were vertically symmetric rather than radial. That would have been fine if I'd just been able to overrule him, but he was right. I considered tearing out the seam and doing it over but the seam, she is strong and I am not that patient. So I shall make a pocket to break up the aberrant symmetry. Wait the pocket is on the inside, no the outside, no the inside. Never mind the pocket, the bag isn't deep enough. Here, I'll put a strip of coordinating fabric on top. Now it needs some trim, now my sewing is all messed up so I have to...how do I attach a strap! Umph, argh, ouch, pins! So in future, a sketch at least please.

As for the wallet, actually a pattern was followed for that one, but I now think that I could make a better pattern. Also, it is lopsided. However, I think that Margot will like the corduroy and Velcro. As Brian said, "she's just going to go shwoop, schwoop, schwoop with it." By the time she is old enough to have real money in there, I will have figured out how to make a better one.

No comments: